Fun in the Capital District

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

The Children's Museum at Saratoga

"Museum" may be a little misleading. This place has a great balance of fun and learning. Not in the least bit stuffy or inaccessible.

There are two levels of rooms to explore, each playfully devoted to different concepts. There's a bank where kids sort, count and learn about money, a play grocery store, post office and restaurant - perfect for those little mimics to get their hands on!

Fire equipment to try on, a dress-up theater, a treehouse, a room to learn about bones, your health & your body, a schoolhouse, a construction site full of blocks and building materials... and on and on...

$6 per person, children under 1 are free.
(Be advised: Strollers are not allowed)
The Children's Museum at Saratoga

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Hi! I just came across your blog from google. I see you haven't written in awhile, but hope you do sometime again- I'm finding it informative! I googled "toddler activities around the capital district" as I'm looking for some things for my daughter to partake in (she's 3) and found quite a lot through your site. I've bookmarked it. Thanks!

    (btw- we live in Schenectady!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Erika!
    So glad you got some ideas from my page! I took a little break when #2 was born, but I'm gonna try to keep up w/ the site again!

    ReplyDelete

Calendar of Events